Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Simple Fall Scarf

Hi everyone! As the season has slowly been changing, so has the weather. Its definitely getting colder and windier here in Southern California. I think that this is the best time to introduce my do it yourself fall scarf! What I'm talking about is not creating a big, long and knitted scarf that hangs heavily around your neck, but it's going to be shorter, lighter and cuter :) Its basically going to dress up the top you're wearing and your friends will love it!

So I have been inspired by these quick and easy DIY scarves that I see on pinterest. I always repin my favorite ones and havent yet made one myself. Today will be that day! This project is going to be very quick and easy and your going to make one too! 

Although its colder out now, the weather is always changing here in Southern California. That means we don't always want a scarf that makes us too hott. I remember over the summer my mom bought a scarf that was similar to the one im going to make and it cost her $17. I think that it was too expensive for a scarf of that size and lacked detail.

With this project, you will not only create a cute accessory to your outfit, but your friends will admire your new scarf and you are going to save $$$ which is always a good thing!

The Project: Find a T-shirt that you don't mind cutting up and a pair of hefty scissors! That is all your need. Your scarf will be ready in no time!

DIY: 
STEP 1: Lay down on a flat surface
STEP 2: Cut off the part that separate
 STEP 3: Cut straight strands until the middle 
STEP 4: Make sure to turn it over and repeat STEP 3
 STEP 5: After making sure everything looks right, try it on and ROCK YOUR NEW SCARF!







1 comment: