Thursday, November 8, 2012

Putting down the hot tools

Today I want to share my inspiration with you all. I just discovered a quick and easy way to style and tame my natural, curly hair! Most of the time I straighten my hair which leaves my hair dry and ends dead. Well, I wasn't surprised to learn that straightening my hair a lot is the reason why my hair doesn't grow longer.

I want longer and healthier hair, so putting down the hair straightener is what I'm going to do. Anyways, I found a cool new way to style my hair. After trying it out I began loving the way my curly hair was staying; very natural and tamed, and not too poofy.

So I came across a Pinterest post that demonstrated a "how-to" on natural curls and simple steps and natural, beautiful curls are achieved....without spending hours using the curling iron to get a similar result.

The Project: With leave in conditioner, gel spray and a t-shirt, tamed-natural curls will be acheived.


DIY:

STEP 1: brush hair when damp, then apply the leave in conditioner only an inch below the root of the hair all the way to the end.
STEP 2: apply the spray gell all around, make that once again it doesnt reach the root of hair.
STEP 3: Scrunch hair with a T-shirt, not a towel.
STEP 4: Pin back any part of your hair that you would like, like a side pin.
STEP 5: After scrunching, it is up to you to apply more spray gel. When happy with result, ROCK THOSE CURLS

You just saved time from spending on using a curling iron, with a few simple steps it was easy to achieve beautiful and natural curls.

TIP: I would also like to add that I did not have leave in conditioner so I used regular conditioner that still worked perfectly fine on me :) Hope you will find that this works for you too.







No comments:

Post a Comment