Tuesday, September 18, 2012

DIY forgotton tanks to thoughtful skirts

Hi everyone! Today just like everyday, I open up my dresser drawers to figure out what to wear. Everytime, I find myself having to sort through the same pile of old tank tops that I dont wear anymore. Throwing them out or donating them has crossed my mind times before. but I realized that I just love the quality and fit of the tank. I just had to do something with these tanks that I see everyday but don't even wear everyday.

I decided to turn my tank, into a skirt! Not just with one tank, but this could be done with any tank that is stretchy enough to fit around my hips. I tried it out and it worked for me! So I hope it will work out for you too :)

Us girls love to shop and as a big shopper myself, spending extra money on a skirt that looks like one of my tank tops laying in my drawer, is not something I want to invest in; anymore. Forever 21 has similar skirts that I am about to demonstrate, for about $23. I like H&M because you can find a skirt like the one I am about to demonstrate, for less than $10. At other bargain stores, they are about $12-$17; and they are not even good quality.

What I am about to demonstrate to you all, is a tank top that I chose to wear as a skirt. I paired it up with a solid color top and styled it up with a long, cute necklace; that fits my style. Now its your turn to go find a tank that you would wear around those hips!

DIY
STEP 1:Wear the tank top as you normally would
STEP 2: Slowly pull tank down towards hips, like a skirt
STEP 3: Tuck in shoulder straps inside 
STEP 4: After making sure straps are tucked away and the skirt fits fine, find a top to wear it with
STEP 5: If you are pleased with the result, ROCK THAT NEW SKIRT HUNNY!


(TIP:  dress it up with accessories (necklace, bracelets, earrings, sandals, etc) 

No comments:

Post a Comment